- This event has passed.
All Candidates Meeting Focused on Social Justice and Health Issues
September 22, 2015 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
As the federal election nears, politicians vying for the position of Guelph member of parliament (MP) will discuss important social justice and health-care issues at an all-candidates meeting on Sept. 22.
Organized jointly by the Guelph/Wellington Coalition for Social Justice (GWCSJ) and the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario’s (RNAO) Wellington chapter, the meeting will shine a spotlight on topics including affordable housing, guaranteed annual income, climate change, and strengthening public health care leading up the Oct. 19 election.
“GWCSJ is dedicated to progressive social change and the well-being of our community,” says Richard Anstett, a representative of the coalition. “It is our mission to create and maintain a unified voice for social justice. The all-candidates meeting is an opportunity for the community of Guelph to share in this vision.”
“As registered nurses (RNs), we care for some of the most vulnerable populations in Canada – but we cannot do it alone,” says Tabitha Kellendonk of RNAO, which recently released its policy platform for the 2015 federal election. “This meeting will give us a chance to engage with local politicians to ensure issues that matter to RNs are on the table, and to advocate for the best health care for all Canadians.”
· Andrew Seagram, NDP candidate
· Lloyd Longfield, Liberal Party candidate
· Gord Miller, Green Party candidate
· Tristan Dineen, Communist Party candidate
· Gloria Kovach, Conservative Party candidate
· Alex Fekri, Libertarian Party candidate
· All-candidates’ meeting for Guelph riding, hosted by the Guelph/Wellington Coalition for Social Justice (GWCSJ) and the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario’s (RNAO) Wellington chapter
· Italian Canadian Club, 135 Ferguson St., Guelph
· Sept. 22, 2015 at 7 p.m.
Kornelis Klevering said:September 21, 2015 @ 6:39 pm
I will attend the meeting on Sept 22nd.