- This event has passed.
Better Basement Renovations: An Expert-led Workshop
May 14, 2014 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$25
Better Basement Renovations
Make Progress on Your Plans: Improve the comfort, design and energy efficiency of your basement space with feedback and ideas on your project.
Date/Time: Wednesday May 14, 7 to 9 pm
Location: REEP House for Sustainable Living, 20 Mill Street, Kitchener
Cost*: $25 (Student & Senior Rate: $15)
*See more registration options below. Please contact us for group rates or if cost is a barrier to your participation.
- Graham Whiting, LEED accredited architect and owner of Whiting Design
- Matthew Vermeulen, Certified Energy Advisor and science-based Home Performance Consultant
A great basement adds comfort, space, and energy savings to any home. Make your home improvement dreams a reality that you will enjoy for the years to come! Join Graham Whiting, LEED accredited architect, designer, and owner of Whiting Design, and Matthew Vermeulen, Certified Energy Advisor, for an interactive workshop at REEP House for Sustainable Living.
This Intermediate Level Workshop Includes:
- Discussion of building science and design principles, including:
- How to create a comfortable and enjoyable space
- Smart design for useful and well-lit space
- Choosing the right materials that will last
- Controlling moisture and water to extend the life of your house
- Increasing the energy efficiency of your home
- Tour of REEP House (related to workshop topic) led by a Certified Energy Advisor
- Expert feedback on your renovation project from Graham Whiting
- Question and Answer session with Graham Whiting
- Take-home package including: workshop summary and renovation guides from CMHC
- Coffee, tea and treats will be provided
- Note: To get the most out of this workshop, a small amount of preparation is recommended before the workshop (details will be provided after registration)