- This event has passed.
Circle Training – CANCELLED
May 29, 2014 - June 1, 2014$495
Sadly the Circle Training has been cancelled due to lack of registration. Information is still below, in case you are interested in future sessions.
The School of Environmental Design and Rural Development invites you to a Circle Training with Dr. Jennifer Ball, Ph.D., RPP, MCIP.
This workshop is your opportunity to learn about:
- the practice & philosophy of the Circle Process
- how to use Circle in a variety of contexts in your own life & work
- the power of Circle
- a structured, spacious form of conversation in which everyone is deemed equal, has voice, and may contribute to collective wisdom
- a powerful tool for building relationships, organizations, businesses & communities
- a way to address complex issues, conflicts, & emotionally charged situations
Cost: $495 per person (lunch, snacks & beverages provided)
Where: University of Guelph, Landscape Architecture Building, Rm 125
- Thursday May 29th: 6pm to 9pm
- Friday May 30th: 9am to 5pm
- Saturday May 31st: 9am to 5pm
- Sunday June 1st: 9am to 5pm
Reserve your place ~ Space is limited
To Register, contact Erin Nelson at telephone 519-803-0086 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
About: Dr. Jennifer Ball is an Adjunct Profeessor at the University of Guelph and consults as a facilitator & Circle Trainer. She teaches courses on community engagement and on international and community development. In 2010, Jennifer collaborated with Wayne Caldwell and Kay Pranis to write “Doing Democracy with Circles: Engaging Communities in Public Planning’. Her facilitation and Circle training has taken her across North America, Australia, and East Africa. She’s spent more than 13 years living and working in East & Southern Africa, involved in community development, microenterprise development, market research, and peacebuilding. Most recently, Jennifer was part of organizing the annual conference for Gather the Women, an international organization focused on the use of Circle with women for personal & global transformation.