- This event has passed.
Community Conversation: Living Wage & the Cost of Food in Guelph and Wellington
January 30, 2014 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Join in on the first Living Wage community conversation* and stay for the Networking & Guelph & Wellington Food Initiatives Fair!
When: January 30th, 2014, 6:30pm – 10:00pm
Where: 111 Farquhar Street, Guelph
- Dr. Lauren Baker (Coordinator, Toronto Food Policy Council): Household Food Insecurity & Policy in Canada
- Steve Stacey (Director, The Local Community Food Centre): Presentation on “The Local CFC”
- Lisa Needham (Nutritionist, Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health): Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Nutritious Food Basket 2013
- Erin Nelson (Researcher, University of Guelph): Emergency Food Use in Guelph & Wellington, Recommendations for Moving Forward
- Brendan Johnson (Executive Director, Guelph Neighbourhood Support Coalition): An Update on The Seed Community Food Hub
This is an accessible space, the event is free and open to all. Due to venue capacity, registration is recommended.
FOR MORE DETAILS AND TO REGISTER, CLICK HERE: livingwageandfood.eventbrite.ca
*This event will be the first in a Living Wage series that will take place over the course of 2014. The purpose of the series is to examine some of the main expenses of the living wage calculation and to encourage community conversations about the potential impact policy and system changes could have.