- This event has passed.
Homemade Indian Samosas
October 1, 2015 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmCANCELLED
We will be learning how to make the samosa pastry, as well as the filling of potatoes, peas and spices. We will also be making two kinds of chutneys to go along with our flavourful samosas, spicy coriander and mint chutney, as well as sweet and sour tamarind chutney.
[br] [space size=4]
This class includes
- hands-on experience
- recipe hand-outs
- a package of spices
- samosas to take home
When: Thursday, October 1st 6:00pm-9:00pm
Where: Harcourt United Church Kitchen – 87 Dean Ave, Guelph, ON
Cost: $60 includes recipes, spices, samples and take home samosas.
Chitra is the owner & instructor of Krisha Indian Cooking School. Her goal is to inspire easy, yet healthy & economical home-style Indian cooking with just a few simple ingredients. She has been teaching Indian cooking classes for the past seven years at the Guelph Continuing Education.
Growing up in the southern part of India, Chitra learned to cook at a very young age from her mother and quickly became passionate about the wonderful art of Indian cooking!
In India, every family has their own recipe for the same dish so no one dish tastes the exact same. In her recipes, I use my mom’s method as a base and incorporate some of her own techniques and ingredients which she teaches in my cooking classes.
- Minga will provide a 100% refund for workshops cancelled by Minga.
- If a registrant cancels a workshop with more than 48 hours notice, a 100% refund will be issued.
- If a registrant cancels with less than 48 hours notice or does not show up, no refund will be issued.
- The above policies apply for pre-registered workshops. Refunds or credits will not be issued for a missed class.
* Please note that we’ll be sending out information about specifics of the workshop a few days before the workshop, including a reminder of what to bring.
**You do not need to register through Eventbrite to be a participant of this workshop. If you do not wish to register this way, please contact email@example.com. We can accept cash and cheque.