- This event has passed.
Minga Workshop: Life as a River – Whitewater Canoe Course
May 12, 2016 @ 7:00 pm - May 15, 2016 @ 4:00 pm$300
Introducing “Life as a River”: Whitewater Canoeing with a side of Relationship Communication. Join us for two days of whitewater fun with instructor Mike Craig. This course is for paddlers new to whitewater, as well as paddlers with some experience.
What we’ll cover:
- Whitewater paddling technique
- Eddies. What is an eddie? There importance and how to enter and exit them.
- Masteryour forward stroke to get the most power in small spaces on the river.
- Practice consistent tilts to master effective eddy turns
- How to paddle whitewater safely and effectively.
- 3 most important ways to communicate in a boat so that your tandem paddling is fun and in sync. Learn to dance on the water.
- Practice river reading so you’re comfortable and confident navigating whitewater on your summer canoe trip.
- Control of your boat, so you are choosing the lines you want to navigate down, and are not being pushed around by the river.