The cool air of Fall has nothing on the winter that is coming! Make sure your home is ready so that you and your family can live comfortably all winter long.
Date: 7 to 9 pm, Thursday, October 23rd, 2014
Location: Ignatius Jesuit Center, 5420 Hwy 6 North @ Guelph’s Outdoor Preschool – Right behind the Walmart plaza
Join eMERGE Guelph and Matt Vermeulen a Certified Energy Advisor and Director of the Elora Environment Center as we present to you a part lecture and part Do-It-Yourself Workshop. We will teach you the tips, trick and skills needed to prepare your home for winter to ensure comfortable living throughout the season. With energy costs rising, there is no time like the present to increase efficiency and begin making money from saving energy.
This workshop will give you the skills to empower you to
- Determine if your home is well-insulated home
- Employ inexpensive methods targeting and eliminating drafts from doors, windows, walls and fireplaces
- Maintain a healthy furnace that will keep you warm all winter long
- Remove the scary barrier between you and your attic – insulation, sealing and identification tools
- Control the moisture in your home – prevent mold, correct ventilation, keeping the water out of your basement
- Know what areas to target outside your home
- And more!
A Certified Energy Advisor will be available to answer questions you may have – feel free to bring pictures!
A Take-Home Package including: the workshop summary, with recommendations
Coffee, Tea and Treats will be provided