- This event has passed.
The Lost Art of Canning
August 10, 2014 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$85
Explore the art of canning in this hands on and interactive workshop. You’ll walk away feeling confident water bath canning at home. Learn to simply and safely stock your pantry with beautiful, delicious treats to enjoy long after the season has passed. Save money while providing quality food to your friends and family.
- how to get started
- a comprehensive look at what is water bath canning and how it works
- the important “technical stuff”
Note: This is very much a hands on workshop. Please prepare to get your hands dirty (with food that is)
- hands on experience, finished product to take home, recipes and notes
- samples of our canned goods
- a pickle, a jam and a jelly using pectin, a fruit infused syrup preserve.
When: Sunday, August 10th, 1pm-4pm
Where: Harcourt United Church kitchen, 87 Dean Ave, Guelph, ON.
Cost: $85 including all materials, hands on experience, samples and take home product.
Register online at http://www.mingaskillbuilding.ca/workshop/lostartofcanning/