- This event has passed.
Probiotic Pop: How To Make Kefir Water
November 3, 2015 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$35
Join us for an effervescent evening of discovery with an age-old health beverage: kefir water. Kefir water is a fermented drink made with pure water, sugar, bacteria and yeast. In this interactive workshop we’ll learn and practice the steps to make this delicious fizzy tonic at home. You’ll be introduced to a SCOBY (Symbiotic Culture of Bacteria and Yeast) which acts to ferment the drink and produce the beneficial enzymes, acids, probiotics, and antioxidants in the finished product. Together we will explore making endless flavour combinations of this healthy pop by adding dried and fresh fruit and juices to our libations.
A 2-hour workshop where you can learn to brew your own kefir water, creatively, cheaply, and safely, followed by a tasting of different flavours of the fizzy drink!
You will learn:
- The history and health benefits of this magical nourishing culture
- Tips and tricks for home brewing success
You will want to attend this workshop if:
- You love fermented drinks but have a hard time paying the higher retail prices
- Your wallet is hurting from purchasing probiotic supplements
- You want a delicious way to cleanse and energize the body
You will get:
- Guidance from an experienced home brewer of fermented beverages
- Your palate tickled by savouring sips and samples during the workshop
- An active starter-culture and workshop handout that will allow you to immediately apply your new-found knowledge at home
When: Tuesday, November 3rd from 7:00pm-9:00pm
Where: Artisanale French Country Cooking – 214 Woolwich St, Guelph, ON N1H 3V6
Cost: $35 includes finished product to take home, recipes, and samples
Heather Couture is an embroiderer, auntie, entrepreneur, hooper, costume mistress, conscious foodie, finger puppet collector, animal lover and wanderlust. Her journey into home fermentation started in 2010 when she was gifted a kombucha scoby. Heather has been feverishly creating kefir water tonics since February and has gifted starter culture and fermenting tips to over 30 burgeoning brewers! She is passionate about sharing her knowledge of this healthy, delicious, simple and affordable drink.
- Minga will provide a 100% refund for workshops cancelled by Minga.
- If a registrant cancels a workshop with more than 48 hours notice, a 100% refund will be issued.
- If a registrant cancels with less than 48 hours notice or does not show up, no refund will be issued.
- The above policies apply for pre-registered workshops. Refunds or credits will not be issued for a missed class.
* Please note that we’ll be sending out information about specifics of the workshop a few days before the workshop, including a reminder of what to bring.
**You do not need to register through Eventbrite to be a participant of this workshop. If you do not wish to register this way, please contact email@example.com. We can accept cash and cheque.